8th ANNUAL DOWNTOWN CRUISE AND CAR SHOW WITH FOOD, FUN AND LIVE MUSIC BY "BAND OF GOLD!"
$3.00 DONATION BENEFITS LOCAL CHARITIES.
On Saturday, August 30, 2014 the “8th Annual Downtown Cruise and Car Show”, will be held in Downtown Altoona. The following roadways will be closed to the public for “Antique Cars Parking Only”, and will be posted with “No Parking Tow-Away Signs” from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Total Road Closures are as follows:
- 10th Avenue from 12th Street to 15th Street.
- 11th Avenue from 12th Street to 15th Street.
- 12th Avenue from 12th Street to 15th Street.
- 12th Street (southbound lane) from 12th Avenue to 10th Avenue.
- 13th Street from 12th Avenue to 10th Avenue.
- 14th Street from 12th Avenue to 11th Avenue.
- 15th Street (southbound lane) from 13th Avenue to 12th Avenue.
- 1100 block of Green Avenue.
Partial Road Closures are as follows:
- 10th Avenue Expressway from 7th Street to 15th Street.
All westbound traffic along the 600 block on Chestnut Avenue (traveling towards the downtown area) will be detoured south over the 8th Street Bridge to 7th Avenue or north on 7th Street towards Lexington/Howard Avenue(s) to 13th Avenue to access 17th Street.***
All eastbound traffic (from the 17th Street Bridge) along the 1500 block of 12th Avenue will be detoured north onto 15th Street, to 13th Avenue (eastbound), towards 11th Street & Lexington/Howard Avenue(s) to access Chestnut Avenue from 7th Street.
***The only traffic permitted access along the PRR/10th Avenue Expressway (center lane travel only) will be “Antique Car Show Participants”, Residents to the downtown apartments & towers, US Postal Employees, Am-Tran Bus Drivers, Commercial Tractor Trailer Drivers, & Emergency Vehicles.
“Road Closed Signs” & “Detour Signs” will be posted in the downtown area for the safety of all participants and the public attending the event.
Questions about traffic & safety can be directed to Sergeant Brian Freiwald at email@example.com.